MAKE PARTY PROPS USING CRICUT
1…2…3… say cheese! Here we give you a step by step tutorial of how to make photo booth party props using your Cricut. This project is an absolute must for any event with a camera. Wedding…Birthday… New Years…. make it memorable with some fun Photo Booth props! All it takes is some card, a glue gun and bamboo dowels…..even bamboo skewers and some tape will work! Keep it simple, or layer it up for your masquerade ball.
We love this party prop tutorial… and best of all you can download this design bundle for FREE! So let’s get started!
This design comes with a personal and commercial license to use up to 250 made items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. To download the free ‘party prop’ SVG bundle click here!
- Party prop SVG bundle
- Solid core card in a variety of colors. Why not add some glitter?
- (optional) Stick on embellishments
- 12-inch bamboo dowels
- Cutting machine (Cricut maker, Silhouette, Explore or Joy)
- A Cricut light gip mat (blue) or standard grip green mat
- Weeding tool
- A fine-point blade
- A hot glue gun
- (optional) spatula tool
- Upload the Party prop SVG bundle into Cricut Design Space. There are a few here. Highlight them and click ‘insert image’ to move them into your canvas area
2. Resize each of the designs. You can use a tape measure to help you decide on your dimensions. We used around 5.5 inches wide for the glasses, 7.5 inches tall for the top hat and 5 inches wide for the moustaches and lips as a guide. Enter your dimensions into Cricut for each SVG.
3. All of the SVGs are set (as default) to black. Therefore Cricut will try to place as many SVG’s that can fit onto one mat. If you are using different cardstock types i.e. glitter and regular cardstock…. then I recommend making all glitter SVG’s a different color so that they cut on a separate mat to the regular cardstock. material as appropriate.
3. Click on ‘Make it’ and select your base material. Load your card and cut.
4. The designs being bold will take seconds to weed. Simply remove the excess cardstock to reveal your designs. You can use the spatula tool to help if this is a little tricky.
5. Flip over your design, and take your glue gun. Put a small amount of glue on the design ready to place the bamboo dowel. Some SVG’s may look better with the dowl in the centre (i.e. the bow tie). Others make more sense to put on the side (i.e. the glasses). Immediately press and hold your dowel on the glue to stick until dry.
6. Why not add some sparkle with some embellishments? Here I used some stick on pearls, but you can use string…glitter… pen… whatever you like!
7. Ready for my close-up!
Please Share our designs and share the love!
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
Want more freebies? Sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter and get free svgs every single week direct!