MAKE INTRICATE PAPER ART USING CRICUT
Make yourself a gorgeous intricate wall hanging with one of our 3 FREE butterfly bundle designs. All you need is a cutting machine, some good quality cardstock, and a frame! Where possible, try to make sure you use some good quality solid core card stock for the best results.
This project looked so beautiful in my living room and I received so many compliments! Not bad for a 10-minute project. So let’s get started! Let me show YOU (step-by-step) how to make Intricate paper art using your Cricut. Don’t forget to check out our video tutorial too!
This design comes with a personal and commercial license to use up to 250 made items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. To purchase the Butterfly SVG bundle click here!
- Cutting machine (Cricut maker, Silhouette, Explore or Joy)
- A green standard grip mat or light grip mat
- Fine-point blade
- Weeding tool
- A fine-point blade
- Brayer or scraping tool
- Upload the Butterly SVG bundle into Cricut design space. Each butterfly is a separate SVG. Choose the one you want and upload it to your canvas by highlighting it and clicking ‘insert image’.
2. Resize your SVG to a side appropriate for your frame. Click make it (top right) and then ‘all materials’. Finally, select ‘cardstock – intricate cut’.
3. To ensure that your design cuts seamlessly, check that your blade is sharp and free from dirt and debris. Use a brayer or scraper to completely flatten the paper against your mat. Not doing so can sometimes cause the blade to rip through your design.
4. Cut out your SVG. If you see that the blade has not cut entirely through your card then BEFORE unloading, press that little C again on your machine to get it to do a double pass (cut again). Weed your design.
4. Take your frame and very carefully place your cut out inside. Use your Cricut tweezers to maneuver it into the middle if you struggle.
5. Hang up and admire your gorgeous design!
Please share our designs and share the love!
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
Want more freebies? Sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter and get free svgs every single week direct!