CUSTOMIZE YOUR SNEAKERS WITH CRICUT
Are your sneakers looking a bit worn and tired? Why not jazz them up a bit! This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to freshen up your sneakers with a brand new design using adhesive vinyl! Vinyl is a great alternative to HTV as it is not permanent. This means you can change up your design time and time again and you don’t run the risk of ruining your favourite sneakers if you get those all-important heat settings wrong! With the addition of some dishwasher safe mode podge, you can ensure your design remains waterproof all the same until it’s time for a new look.
This design comes with a personal and commercial license to use up to 250 made items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. To download the free ‘leopard print roar’ SVG click here!
- Leopard print roar SVG
- Black permanent vinyl
- Isopropyl (90% or higher)
- Lint-free cloth
- Dishwasher safe Modge Podge
- White sneakers (the material should be wipe-cleanable. Not fabric)
- Cutting machine (Cricut maker, Silhouette, Explore or Joy)
- A Cricut light gip mat (blue) or standard grip green mat
- Weeding tool
- A fine-point blade
- A small paintbrush
- Upload the ‘leopard print roar’ SVG into Design Space. Highlight the SVG and click ‘insert image’ to move it into your canvas area. Resize to fit your shoe. For my shoes, this meant resizing to about 2.3 inches wide. The ‘Roar’ text measured in at 1.5 inches wide on its own.
2. Click ‘Make it’ and select ‘vinyl’ as your base material
3. Load the vinyl on to your mat and cut each element
4. Weed the two designs (the leopard spots and the lettering)
5. Take your isopropyl alcohol and lint-free cloth and give the surface of your shoes a really good clean
6. Use your tweezers to take each of the leopard spots. place them all over the shoes. Have fun with it!
7. Do the same with the ROAR text, place it on the back using your tweezers. I used the seam as a guide to ensure it was centred; placing ‘R’ and ‘O’ before the seam and ‘A’ and ‘R’ after
8. Take your paint brush and carefully coat all of the vinyl as instructed on the back of the tub. You will need 2-3 coats. Make sure you leave an hour to dry between each coat.
9. All done! Now repeat for the other shoe.
Please Share our designs and share the love!
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
Want more freebies? Sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter and get free svgs every single week direct!