CREATE A CHRISTMAS BAUBLE WITH YOUR CRICUT
Christmas is nearly upon us! We’re so excited! This year, what could be better than making your very own Christmas decor with your Cricut. Here we will show you step by step how to create your own Christmas baubles for your tree. All it takes is some vinyl, some glitter or faux snow and a bauble! Let’s get crafting! Happy Christmas all 😀
This design comes with a personal and commercial license to use up to 250 made items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. To download the free ‘Christmas Truck’ SVG click here!
What you’ll need…
- Christmas Truck SVG
- Bauble blanks
- Red and green vinyl
- Transfer tape
- Isopropyl (90% or higher)
- Lint-free cloth
- Bauble fillers (Snow/glitter/polystyrene balls/glitter tulle)
- Cutting machine (Cricut maker, Silhouette, Explore or Joy)
- A Cricut light gip mat (blue) or standard grip green mat
- Weeding tool
- A fine-point blade
- Scraping tool
- Upload the ‘Christmas truck’ SVG into Design Space. Highlight the SVG and click ‘insert image’ to move it into your canvas area. I recommend resizing the SVG to around 2.5 – 3 inches wide but go with what you feel best works for your blank.
2. Click ‘Make it’ and select ‘vinyl’ as your base material (
3. Load the vinyl on to your mat and cut each of the two layers. Red for the truck and green for the tree.
4. Weed each of your designs
5. Clean your bauble with isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth to ensure the vinyl sticks well to the blank
6. Cut some transfer paper to size and use your scraper tool to adhere it to the two weeded vinyl designs. We’ll start with the truck.
7. Transferring vinyl to rounded objects can be a little tricky, and doing so quickly may result in air bubbles and a rucked design. To prevent this, peel back then take some scissors and snip around the vinyl, from the edge right up to the design.
8. Push the centre of the truck onto your blank. You’ll want to work from the middle outward. You can use your hands and your scraper.
9. Peel away the transfer tape. It’ll come off in strips so your won’t be able to reuse it.
10. Repear with your Cristmas tree, layering it on top of the truck
11. Open your bauble and pour in some embellishments. I used some faux snow and cut up some glitter tulle. Fill about halfway and then close.
12. Finish your design by threading through some ribbon, or a strip of the glitter tulle and hang from your tree!
13. & there we have it. Merry Christmas!
Please Share our designs and share the love!
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
Want more freebies? Sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter and get free svgs every single week direct!