MAKE A PERSONALISED CANDLE USING CRICUT
Many tutorials will show yo u how to place an SVG on to a candle holder using vinyl… However, what if I told you that you can transfer an SVG DIRECTLY on to your candle using Cricut, a heat gun and a little bit of magic? Well… you can! In this tutorial we will show you how to personalise any wax candle. Choose a design from our library OR download our FREE ‘positive vibes only’ SVG that we used in the below tutorial. You’ll be amazed with the results.
This design comes with a personal and commercial license to use up to 250 made items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. To download the free ‘Positive Vibes Only” SVG click here!
What you’ll need…
- Cutting machine (Cricut maker, Silhouette, Explore or Joy)
- A printer
- A blue light grip mat
- A rotary blade (do NOT use a fine-point blade, your material will rip!)
- Upload the ‘positive vibes only’ SVG into Design Space. Highlight the SVG and click ‘insert image’ to move it into your canvas area. Resize it so that it fits nicely on your candle.
2. Next, to ensure that your design prints as one (rather that separately on your mat) click on the design/highlight all of your layers and select ‘attach’
3. Next you will need to make this a print and cut image, so that the SVG will print out rather than cut. Click on ‘operation’ in the upper panel, then click ‘standard’ under ‘print and cut’.
4. Next, we are going to print your design directly on to some tissue paper. This next step can be a bit fiddly, and a little trial and error is inherent here…but rest assured once you get the gist of it you’ll be just fine! Take a sheet of tissue paper and cut it to a size using some scissors. Your tissue will need to be larger than your design (we’ll cut around it later). Use some tape and stick the tissue to your copy paper. The key is to ensure that the tissue is tight to the paper.
5. Click ‘make it’ in design space and follow the instructions to print your design on to the tissue.
6. Insert your paper to print. On the print preview my design appeared at the top, therefore, I inserted the paper so the tissue paper was on the bottom.
7. Load your printed tissue (and paper) on to your blue mat ready to cut.
8. Load your rotary blade. Do not attempt to use any other blade for this as it will simply tear your design. The tissue paper is far too fragile for other blades!
9. Select ‘all materials’ then ’tissue paper’ as your base material. Follow the instructions to cut your design
10. Cut your design and then remove your tissue paper square. You can discard/recycle the rest of the material on your mat.
11. Next, position your printed tissue on your candle. Then, take a wax paper square and hold it tightly over the top.
12. Prepare your heat gun, and mind your fingers this will get very HOT! Move your heat gun in little circles to apply heat to the whole design. By keeping it moving your will prevent the candle from burning or melting in certain areas. This process will transfer the ink from your SVG into the wax of the candle.
13. Remove the wax paper when the design has been absorbed and allow to cool fully before touching the design. A light pass with the heat gun over the candle surface can help eliminate any differences in finish left by the wax paper.
14. Light it up buttercup.
Please Share our designs and share the love!
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
Want more freebies? Sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter and get free svgs every single week direct!