MAKE A FAUX STAINED GLASS WINDOW USING CRICUT
This tutorial with show you step-by-step how to make a faux stained glass window using your Cricut! If you are searching for a beautiful hand-crafted gift this year, this is it. You can make this project with no knowledge of traditional stained glass techniques… In fact, all you need is a cutting machine, some permanent vinyl and some sharpie pens! Whether you decide to frame your project or stick it onto a house/car window I guarantee the result is well worth it!!
This design comes with a personal and commercial license to use up to 250 made items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. To download the free ‘two flowers’ SVG click here
What you’ll need…
- Two Flowers SVG
- A double glass floating frame (or a window in your house!)
- Black permanent vinyl
- Transfer tape
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Lint-free cloth
- Krylon UV protect
- Cutting machine (Cricut maker, Silhouette, Explore or Joy)
- A green standard grip mat
- Weeding tool
- A fine-point blade (for vinyl)
- Scraper tool or brayer
- Upload my Two Flowers design into Design Space. Resize your design to fit nicely your blank (frame or window).
2. Once the SVG is on your canvas, highlight all of the colored layers and delete them to leave just the black outline.
3. Click make it and select ‘vinyl’ as the base material. Load your permanent vinyl onto your green mat. Use a scraper or a brayer to flatten the vinyl against the mat.
4. Cut your design and then weed it
5. Clean your surface with isopropyl alcohol (90% or higher) with a lint-free cloth. This will ensure that your vinyl adheres well.
6. Cut your transfer paper to size and adhere it well to your design using the scraper tool. Peel and adhere the vinyl to your blank.
7. Take some sharpies and color in your design. Which colors you choose is totally up to you. Have fun with it!
8. This next step is optional but I highly recommend it if you are planning you have your design in a window or exposed to light. Take a can of Krylon UV resistant spray and spray this on your design. Follow the instructions as directed on the back of the spray can. Applying this will prevent your colors from fading in sunlight. Your design will last much longer.
7. Place your design in your frame
8. And admire your work!
Please Share our designs and share the love!
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
Want more freebies? Sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter and get free svgs every single week direct!